Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my spa not heating?
- Your water level may not be at the required height
- Your filter may be old or dirty - remove and see if the heater engages
- You may have too many jets in the off position - open jets and see if the heater engages
Why is my spa getting noisy?
- As the pump in a spa ages the bearing start going out and this creates additional noise - time to replace your pump and enjoy quiet relaxation.
- You may also hear noise if your water level is too low and the filter/skimmer is sucking in air - raise the water level to fix this issue.
Why are there ball bearings floating around in my spa?
Jet inserts that spin have little ball bearings in them and when the jet ages they will fall out and the jet will no longer spin - time for new jet inserts.
How often should I clean my filter?
A filter should be removed and rinsed once per month and deep cleaned in a filter solution each time you replace the water.
How often should I replace my filter?
A filter should be replaced every 1 - 2 years depending on usage and how well it is maintained. An old dirty filter can cause issues with flow and heating problems.
How often should I drain my hot tub?
A hot tub / Spa should be drained 3 - 4 times per year - every 3 - 4 months depending on usage and the type of chemicals you are using.
How long should a spa cover last?
The average life of a spa cover is 5 years. By this time it is getting heavy and waterlogged and is not keeping in the heat which costs you more on your energy bill.
At what temperature should I keep my spa?
Temperature of water is a personal preference. While some customers can only tolerate 100 degrees others like to bring the water to max at 104 degrees.
What is the difference between Standard and Economy Mode on a spa?
- Standard mode will keep you spa at the set temperature 24 hours per day.
- Economy mode will only heat during your filter cycles. Best to program your filter cycles prior to normal usage each day to be sure your spa is heated and ready for you to use.
How long will a spa last?
A quality spa will last 20 plus years with proper care and maintenance. You will have repairs on equipment through the years but a quality built spa will last a long time.